23 Sep 2022
Special W/E - Kobayat Overnight - Akkar District
This time we will spend our weekend in Kobayat, one the largest and most beautiful cities of Akkar casa. It is a major village in the area including an abundance of natural resources
As usual you can join us for the weekend or for Sunday only. Our program will be divided as follows:
Once we reach Kobayat, we will visit major sites of the city starting by “Saydet el Ghessele”, a beautiful church with a wonderful story that will be shared with you during the visit. We will also visit the renowned butterfly museum that includes thousands of rare butterflies.
We will then take the bus to “Mar Challita” monastery located an amazing natural surroundings. The lady who built the monastery with her bare hands “stone by stone” will tell you her inspiring story with St.Challita who has become a religious destination for locals and foreigners.
We will then head to “Jabalna”, a beautiful project with well-designed bungalows far from the town in a calm and relaxing setting. We will settle down and segregate into the rooms before enjoying a homemade dinner prepared by locals.
We will wake up early for an amazing sunrise hike and enjoy the beautiful morning breeze of the mountain. It will be a moderate hike spread all over the Kobayat hills where beautiful sceneries can be seen as well as a huge variety of trees
We will then return to Jabalna where a delicious homemade breakfast will be served.
Once the other group arrives from Beirut, we will start our second hike which will be divided into two levels:
Level 3 – will be a mostly downhill trail starting from the “Jurd” of Kobayath reaching “Wadi al Aswad” a beautiful area with a huge variety of trees that you cannot see in any other area in Lebanon. We will enjoy the amazing trail and take our time to take pictures and contemplate exceptional panoramic views
Level 6 – will follow a steeper track starting from the town on an uphill track passing by the beautiful “Wadi al Aswad” area and continue uphill towards the “Jurd” to contemplate the breathtaking views from above of Kobayat and the surrounding areas. We will then start on a downhill track full of vibrant views decorated by marvelous tree variety, heading to the prominent plain of “Ammoua”
All levels will then meet for a homemade traditional lunch before heading back to Beirut
Akkar, North Lebanon
1300 meters above sea level.
WHEN: Friday, September 23 & Saturday, September 24/ last day for reservation for the weekend participants is Tuesday, September 20.
MEETING PLACE: 1PM on Friday in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
- For overnight 100$ per person including transport, guides, insurance, accommodation & three meals.
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
You can now register at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Usual overnight stuff, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 5$.
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 4$.
- University students will have a discount of 3$ provided that they present their university card.
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 2$ discount.
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 3$ discount.
- Cancellation within 3 days’ notice or less will be charged half-price
- Reservations within 3 days’ notice or less will be charge and extra 2$.
(eg. Cancelling or booking for a weekend’s event on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday will be subject to the above terms
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events