12 Oct 2019
Hiking Trip - Nahr Ibrahim Janneh - Jbeil District
Nahr Ibrahim can be literary translated to the "River of Abraham." The river was known as the Adonis River during Antiquity. Today, it is one of the tourist attractions in Lebanon, being the place where the ancient god Adonis died, and the river became red with his blood.
The Nahr Ibrahim valley offers a varied landscape and is considered one of the most enchanting for hiking. The impression is almost surrealistic as one makes his way down the valley toward the river bank.
The hike will start either from Ibri or Yahchouch, and continue all the way until Wadi Janneh. Wadi Janneh, as the name reveals, is a piece of heaven on earth.
The hike will be divided into two levels:
LEVEL 3: You will start from Ibri, an old village rich in ancient ruins. The trail is beautiful, offering wonderful views. You will have enough time to take pictures and rest. Then you will hike all the way to Janneh, where you will meet with the other level for lunch. Lunch will be at the river bank, as close to the river as possible!
LEVEL 6: You will start from Mar Jeryes, in Yahchouch, It is a mountainous area overlooking Nahr Ibrahim. Views are spectacular from there. Then you will continue to Ibri, and from there to Janneh. Lunch will be at the river bank in Janneh. The other level will meet you there.
The area has many historical Phoenician ruins. On our way back, we will visit the ruins of Mashna’a, along the road of Artaba.
WHERE: Nahr Ibrahim
900 m above sea level
54 km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, Oct 12
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 60’000 LL per person including transport, guides, reserve and insurance. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events