20 Oct 2018
Hiking Trip & Wine Tasting - Bechouat Deir El Ahmar - Baalbek district
As usual, our journeys to Bekaa are always amazing. This time, we will be visiting the famous town of “Deir al Ahmar”, located in the Baalbeck district.
There are many explanations behind the name “Deir al Ahmar”. But due to the Maronite population of the village, locals believe that the name derives from the Syriac, “Deir Ohmor”, meaning “Monastery of the Lord's Brother”.
Our journey will be a melting pot of spiritual excursion, beautiful landscapes and pallet fulfilment.
We will start our day by visiting the renowned miraculous “Lady of Bechouat” or “Saydet Bechouat” monastery and sanctuary. “Saydet Bechouat” became a well-known destination for people from different religions after divine miracles took place in the sanctuary.
The hike will be divided into 2 levels: Level 3 (7km) & Level 5 (12km)
We will start the walk all together directly after the sanctuary visit, on a wonderful trail overlooking the whole plain area of Bekaa as well as an exceptional view of the 3 highest peaks in Lebanon: Qornet al Sawda, Jabal al Shaikh & Sannine.
The trail will lead us to a fence built in the shape of a rosary expected to be the largest illuminated rosary in the world. The rosary can be seen from the sky and will serve as a boost for religious tourism in Lebanon and the area.
After a thorough visit of the rosary, we will continue to a small boutique winery called “Cave Rouge“, where you will have the chance to taste a very special wine variety.
The two levels will be separated right after the winery visit. Level 3 will head to the core of the village, specifically to WADA - Women’s Association of Deir al Ahmar
Level 5 will continue on a longer trail in the plains of the village where beautiful views can be witnessed.
Both levels will meet in WADA where a traditional lunch will be prepared by local women.
WHERE: Bechouat, Deir el Ahmar
1000 m above sea level
100 km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, Oct 20
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on: https://www.vamos-todos.com/Pages/ParkingMap.aspx)
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 90,000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event