24 Aug 2019
Day on the Beach - Tyre & Naqoura Day on the Beach - South District
Discover Tyre & Naqoura
This trip is a mixture of cultural tour and relaxing day on the beach in South Lebanon.
We will discover the old city of Tyre, the small seaside town of Naqoura and the sea coasts of both Tyre and Naqoura.
Tyre is one of the most significant cities in Lebanon and among the most prosperous Phoenician cities in the Mediterranean. It has seen numerous civilizations and has a preserved old city called Al Medina facing the ancient Phoenician port, along with its splendid Coast Nature Reserve designated Ramsar Site and its largest sandy beach on the Lebanese coast.
Our day starts with a breakfast stop. We continue with a tour inside the beautiful old city streets of Tyre and visit Barbour Workshop (the only traditional boat builder), the ancient churches and mosques, the Medieval Tower, the Corniche and old port where we will shortly meet a local community of fishermen.
Then, by boat we visit a small island and see the city from the sea. While in the boat, the underwater archeological remains are seen clearly. Then, we continue to Naqoura.
Naqoura is a small village near the occupied Palestinian borders. Occupied by the Israeli army until 2000, the region lost most of its population and almost became a “no-man’s land”. The village sits on top of a rocky cliff overlooking the sea, whose coast has remained in a pristine state.
A free time will be spent at the Naqoura beach, to swim in wonderful crystal-clear waters.
After that, we return to Tyre by boat to enjoy more recreational time at the sandy beach, either swimming, walking or watching the beautiful sea and the long white sandy beach.
A tasty local lunch is offered at the beach; Lebanese mezza and fish as main dish.
The last part of our trip will be in the Tyre Coast Nature Reserve.
WHERE: Tyre & Naqoura
WHEN: Saturday, August 24
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 70$ per person including transport, guides, boat, insurance, and lunch. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Towels, swimsuits, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 30’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events