14 Feb 2020
Snowshoeing - Ehmej Snowshoeing - Jbeil District
Our snowshoes will lead us this time to a new destination, Arz Ehmej!
Ehmej is one of the largest towns of Jbeil caza where the municipality is among the most active in eco-tourism initiatives, namely Wadi al Siyyar trail as long as other ecological projects that kept Ehmej in the spotlight.
Our trail will begin on an uphill track all together in Wadi Al Siyyar, passing through a variety of trees such as oak and cedars until we reach a beautiful spot where breathtaking views of the snow covering the enormous rocky hills can be seen.
We will then separate the two levels, where the moderate level will take the trail back to the starting point whereas the harder level will continue uphill until they reach a cross on the top of the hill where one can see a panoramic view of the whole area.
All levels will meet in Arz Ehmej project, an ecotourism project dedicated to preserving the ecosystem of the area by promoting ecofriendly activities.
If time permits, we will visit the monastery of St. Maron in Annaya where St. Charbel lived.
57km from Beirut,
1100m above sea level
WHEN: Friday, February 14
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
) There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 70,000 LL per person including transport, snowshoes, guides and insurance. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Snowsuit (or any waterproof clothing), waterproof boots (preferably after-ski boots), or get thick nylon bags to cover your walking shoes, wool socks (and an extra pair for changing, hat and gloves, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 10’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events