25 Nov 2023
Hiking Trip - Ammouaa Fnaydik Hike - Akkar District
To better understand the origin of its name, imagine yourself in the middle of a funnel-shaped landscapes surrounded by a wide variety of trees. That's precisely where we're headed this time, to Ammoua.
Situated in the heart of Akkar, Ammoua boasts multiple water sources capable of irrigating most of the neighboring villages in the area.
Ammoua is also renowned for housing over 40 different types of trees, including the rare fir trees. It's the sole location in Lebanon where you can find a forest of fir or iron oak trees, with some of these towering giants reaching heights of up to 30 meters.
To ensure that all participants have the opportunity to experience this natural wonder, we've divided our hike into 3 levels:
Level 2 - Easy and flat, limited to the Ammoua plain.
Level 5 - A bit longer, with a moderate-plus pace and some ascents and descents. Both Levels 2 and 5 will have ample time to soak in the breathtaking scenery, rest, and capture photographs.
Both levels will convene for a wholesome homemade traditional lunch prepared by the locals, featuring Akkar specialties. This delightful meal will be served picnic-style within the unique iron oak forest.
Reaching this destination might take a bit more time than usual, but it's unquestionably worth it. It's one of the hidden wonders of our cherished country and well deserving of every effort to witness its beauty.
WHERE: Ammoua / Fnaydiq / Akkar
150 km from Beirut
1750 m above sea level
WHEN: Saturday, November 25
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 50$ per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch.
30$ without lunch
Kindly get the exact change.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 5$.
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 4$.
- University students will have a discount of 3$ provided that they present their university card.
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 2$ discount.
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 3$ discount.
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price.
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 2$.
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms).
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events