18 May 2019
Special W/E - Tyre Special W/E - Tyre District
As every weekend program, you have the choice of a whole weekend or just a Sunday trip… it’s up to you.
We are going south to spend a weekend by the sea. Let’s discover the attractions of Tyre and cool down in its waters!
What’s there in Tyre? What will we see? Here are some pointers:
Tyre is an ancient Phoenician city. It was founded around 2750 BC.
Remains from other periods have been unearthed at Tyre, including those from the Byzantine, Arab and Crusader eras, but it is the Roman ruins that are most numerous and impressive.
The sights of modern Tyre include a colorful souk (market), a double-domed Shia mosque, and a Christian quarter that is the seat of the Maronite Bishop of Tyre and the Holy Land.
Tyre has a beautiful white sandy coast. It is one of the most beautiful shores in Lebanon. Close-by, there is a natural reserve. Tyre Coast Nature Reserve was declared a nature reserve in 1998. It comprises a sandy beach; fresh water springs and agriculture land. Water from the springs creates a mixed fresh water/salt water environment and the area is an important nesting site for sea turtles.
The scientific section of the reserve offers us the opportunity to learn about nature life there.
We will spend the night in a hotel. Its location close to the lighthouse near the ancient seaport, with an access to the sea, makes it a favorite meeting place. The unique cozy architecture adds to its magic.
The program of the weekend is as follows:
- Meet in Jdeideh at 1:00 PM.
- Go to Tyre and check in Hotel.
- Stroll in the old streets of Tyre and the Corniche until you reach a small restaurant by the sea.
- Dinner (mezza and fish).
- Visit the ruins of Tyre.
- Stroll in the city until you reach the hotel.
- You can extend your evening in the hotel pub and night club.
- Have breakfast.
- When the group coming from Jdeideh arrives, we will sail by boat to make a tour of Tyre and visit a small island.
- Back to port.
- Take the bus to Ras el Ain to see fresh water ponds by the shore!
- Visit the natural reserve of Tyre.
- Go to the vast white sandy beach for a cool swim and tasty lunch.
- If time permits, we will visit Qana and the historical sites there.
- On our way back, we will stop in Saida for sweets.
83 km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, May 18 & Sunday, May 19 / last day for reservation for the weekend participants is Tuesday May 14.
MEETING PLACE: 1PM on Saturday and 7:30 AM on Sunday in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
- For weekend 130$ per person including transport, guides, insurance, accommodation & three meals
- For Sunday only 60$ per person including transport, guides, insurance & lunch
(Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process)
WHAT TO GET: Usual overnight stuff, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 45’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 30’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 30’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation within 3 days’ notice or less will be charged half-price
- Reservations within 3 days’ notice or less will be charge and extra 10$
(eg. Cancelling or booking for a weekend’s event on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday will be subject to the above terms
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join. Deadline for reservation is [Date]
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events