09 Aug 2022
Sunset Hike - Mayfouq Sunset Hike - Jbeil District
Our sunset hike this time will be in Mayfouq.
Mayfouq is a Lebanese village in Byblos (Jbeil) district, Mount Lebanon. It is located at 60 Km from Beirut, with altitudes that vary from 800m to 1100m. It was the second Maronite Patriarchal location in Lebanon.
It is also known as the village of honey, and a honey carnival is organized there every summer. In this regard, you will have the chance to buy locally produced honey, the best on the market.
During the sunset, you will enjoy this wonderful village in a different way.
Once you get to Mayfouq, you will visit Deir Saidet Mayfouq (1746 AD) where you will see a very old icon (that of Our Lady of Elige), the oldest Maronite icon.
Then you’ll take the bus to the top of the village, to Osbeh, where the hike will start.
You will hike along a path that is easy, and open to the sunset. You will pass by Deir Mar Geryes, a historical monastery that happens to be in mid-path. The views are marvelous. You can see the villages of Batroun on one side and the villages of Jbeil on the other
Then the path will lead you to a very old abandoned church, that of Mar Saba. The view from there is wonderful. We will watch the sunset from this site. You will love the two huge oak trees beside the church.
After a short walk, we will take the bus to the campfire, where we will sit for a delicious homemade dinner.
Sunset hikes are the best way to spend your evenings. Enjoy fresh air and a calm atmosphere, away from the tension and noise of the city.
“When I admire the wonder of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in worship of the Creator”.
In Byblos district
800 / 1100 m above sea level
60 km from Beirut
WHEN: Tuesday, August 09
MEETING PLACE: 3 PM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
PRICE: 700.000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance, and dinner. Kindly get the exact change.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack. Get a light jacket since it gets cold during the last hours of the day and at night. Don’t forget to get a flashlight.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 20’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 40’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 20’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events