14 Sep 2019
Hiking Trip - Kornet Sawda! - Becharreh District
Hike to the highest peak in Lebanon! Enjoy the view at an altitude of 3,089 m!
No matter how hot it is in Beirut, you will need a thick jacket up there.
Kornet el Sawda is the highest peak in the Middle East. It really is worth all the effort you put to get there. The summit offers a huge panoramic view in all directions, and even Cyprus can be seen when weather conditions are especially good.
The hike is a tough one, LEVEL 8, and about 21 km long. It is mostly uphill. The hike starts from Dahr el Adeeb. The path is bare, with no trees to shade us from the sun. It is good to take the challenge. Reaching the highest peak (3,089 m) is a worthy experience.
If you prefer an easier hike (LEVEL 4), there is the possibility to take a lift in a pick-up to reduce a third of the path. Then you will meet with level 8 and continue the journey. The pick-up will accompany us along the way in case of need.
We will have lunch at the peak. Get warm clothing because it will be really cold up there!
WHERE: Kornet el Sawda
120 km from Beirut
3,089 m above sea level
WHEN: Saturday, Sept 14
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 80’000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance, and pick-up. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events