12 Aug 2020
Hiking Trip - Falougha Sunset - Baabda District
What’s better than a mountain hike in summer?
Definitely, a sunset hike in Falougha! This peaceful village of Mount Lebanon is the typical Lebanese summer resort. It is known for its green hills, numerous water ponds, and the two rivers that intersect it.
This little marvel has preserved its 19th century appearance and is quite enchanting with its red rooftops, magnificent landscapes, pine and cedar forest, and the Lamartine rock where the famous French poet, Lamartine, used to sit and get inspired.
Also, Falougha is where many scenes of the well known Al Hayba series were filmed, and the first place to ever erect the Lebanese flag, in the Falougha Cedar forest.
We will start our visit to Falougha by visiting the Lamartine rock, then roaming in the Cedar forest, before starting a 7 Km moderate to easy hike along the wonderful very known water ponds, all while enjoying the unique and breathtaking landscapes surrounded with sunset colors.
We will end our walk in the Falougha village, where we will gather around campfire and Sage Manakichs, and have dinner in this beautiful mountain setting, before heading back to Beirut.
1500 m above sea level
35 km from Beirut
WHEN: Wednesday, August 12
MEETING PLACE: 2 PM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
PRICE: 90’000 LL per person including transport, dinner, guides and insurance.
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack. Get a light jacket since it gets cold during the last hours of the day and at night. Don’t forget to get a flashlight.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events