22 May 2022
Hiking Trip - Bkassine Wadi Jezzine! - Jezzine District
Bkassine Wadi Jezzine Hike
We are going this time to the Lebanese village of Bkassine. This village was named one of the best tourist villages in the world by the World Tourism Organization.
Bkassine is indeed a charming peaceful village gifted by nature with a large and exquisite pine forest, covering an area of 1 million square meters, making it the largest pine forest in Lebanon. It is also the last pine forest to the south of Turkey.
Bkassine is known for its high quality pine nuts, produced from this forest. At the end of the hike, we will stop at a local villager to buy Bkassine pine nuts.
Bkassine is a traditional Lebanese town with red-tile roof houses and narrow streets
Our hike will be divided into two levels:
LEVEL 2 and LEVEL 5 will start together from the public park. Then you will hike along an easy downhill trail in the pine forest. The trail is in the shade of trees where views of Jezzine, the waterfall, Niha and the Chouf region can be seen. You will pass by some water sources, but they are not suitable for drinking, then descend old stone stairways in the woods.
LEVEL 2 (5 km) will hike stop at a spot accessible to the bus. From there, you will go by bus to Bkassine village and spend some time discovering this peaceful village. Then you will meet with level 5 at the oil press.
LEVEL 5 (11 km) will continue along a trail leading to an old mill, then to the river. There will be a small stop by the river, before starting your uphill journey.
Scenery changes from this stage. You will pass through a dense forest of different kinds of trees, giving the impression of being in a jungle. The track will take you to a “fougere” bush that is dense and about 2 meters high. You will see two small caves intended for prayer. Once the uphill is over, the last part will be along a dirt road overlooking great views of the whole region, leading to Bkassine village to meet with level 2 at the olive press.
Lunch will be prepared by villagers, and we will sit altogether in the square of the village for a healthy meal before heading back home.
In the south, Caza of Jezzine
850 – 950 m above sea level
75 km from Beirut
WHEN: Sunday, May 22
MEETING PLACE: 7:00 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 600,000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch.
380,000 LL without lunch
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 20’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events