19 Oct 2019
Hike & Wine Tour - Ain Zebde Hike & Wine Tour - West Bekaa Kefraya
There is no good or bad time to taste wine, it is always the right time! What if the wine was produced in the fertile vineyards of the beautiful West Bekaa region!
To complement the journey, we will start with a moderate hike in one of the most beautiful villages of the area, Ain Zebde. This small village stands on a hill overlooking a panoramic view from Zahle to Jabal el Sheikh (or Hermon Mountain) amazingly mirrored by the Qaroun Lake. We will see very old oak trees with a lot of old stories to tell. These oak trees date back to the Roman era. The hike will be a moderate one with some, not too steep ascents.
Alternatively, and if you do not wish to hike or make an easy level, you can take the bus to the northern frontiers of the village where you can enjoy a panoramic view in a wonderful setting next to a wooden house on the top of the hill. You will spend some time contemplating the views until the moderate level reaches the top.
We will then go all as one group to an award winning family-owned boutique winery, “Chateau Qanafar” where we will taste an extraordinary wine. The winery tour and tasting will be led by the owner Mr. Naim,
Once done, we will come back to Ain Zebde for a delicious traditional lunch prepared by local focusing on authentic food of the region.
WHERE: Ain Zebde, Qanafar, Kefraya
In the Bekaa
70 km from Beirut
950 m above sea level.
WHEN: Saturday, Oct 19
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 90,000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch.
60,000 LL without lunch (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events