28 Jan 2023
Hiking Trip - Tannourine Cedar Reserve - Batroun District
Tannourine Cedar reserve is a dense forest at an altitude around 1500 to 2000 m above sea level.
Tannourine Cedar Reserve was made a natural reserve in Feb 1999. It is the largest and densest cedar forest in Lebanon. 80% of the trees are cedars. The stunning mountainous landscape, with cedars seemingly defying gravity and growing on extremely vertical slopes, is impressive. You will also be able to see rare flowers particular to this high altitude terrain.
The Tannourine Cedars Forest Nature Reserve overpowers us with its beauty.
At 2000 meters above sea level, and only an hour from Beirut, the cedars of Tannourine can offer you a day out of this world, away from stress and routine.
As usual, there will be 3 levels of difficulty.
LEVEL 6+: is quite hard and is only for the physically competent. It has steep ascents and there is minimal time for rest and photo sessions. Those who wish to workout will find this level appropriate. The length of the trail is about (15 km). You will start from Arz Hadath el Jebbeh. Then you’ll go up to Jurd Tannourine. From there, you’ll descend to the Reserve of Tannourine where you will meet with level 4 for lunch.
LEVEL 4: will be a bit easier with more time to contemplate the views and enjoy nature. You will have rest stops along the way for photo sessions. The hike will be in the reserve. The trail will be the longest one of this reserve, where you will walk among beautiful cedar trees all the way. The length of the trail is about (9 km).
Level 2: The hike will be very easy in the reserve (4km).
After our hike, the 3 levels will meet for a homemade lunch in a local restaurant, before heading back to Beirut.
WHERE: Tannourine Cedar Reserve
110 Km from Beirut
1500 meters above sea level.
WHEN: Saturday, January 28
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 35$ per person including transport, guides, insurance, reserve entrance and lunch.
25$ without lunch
Kindly get the exact change.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 5$.
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 4$.
- University students will have a discount of 3$ provided that they present their university card.
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 2$ discount.
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 3$ discount.
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 2$.
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events