03 Jun 2023
Hiking & Wine Tasting - Saghbine Hike and Wine Tasting - Bekaa Valley
Hike & wine tasting
There is no good or bad time to taste wine; it is always the right time! What if the wine was produced in the fertile vineyards of the beautiful West Bekaa region!
We will be heading to the historic village of Saghbine. Used by the Byzantines and Romans as a transit between the Bekaa and Shouf regions, Saghbine possesses ruins from that era in the surroundings. It is bordered by the eastern side of the western mountain chain, and by the Litani River in the heart of the Bekaa valley.
The name "Saghbine" stems from the perceived hardness and stubbornness of its inhabitants. Along the way, we will pause at a picturesque spot that offers a breathtaking view of the Qaraoun lake.
Our hike will start from Ain Zebde. This small village stands on a hill overlooking a panoramic view from Zahle to Jabal el Sheikh (or Hermon Mountain) amazingly mirrored by the Qaroun Lake. We will see very old oak trees with a lot of old stories to tell. These oak trees date back to the Roman era. The hike will be a moderate one with some, not too steep ascents.
Upon reaching Saghbine by foot, we will make our way to the nearby monastery of Ain El Jaouze. Here, we will delve deeper into the rich history of the area and have the opportunity to take a look at the products they produce locally.
Following this, our journey will take us to the renowned local boutique-winery, St. Clement. Here, we will indulge in a wine tasting experience led by the passionate and knowledgeable winemakers, immersing ourselves in the flavors and aromas of the region.
Once done, we will come back to Ain Zebde for a delicious traditional lunch prepared by local focusing on authentic food of the region.
WHERE: Saghbine - In the Bekaa
70 km from Beirut
950 m above sea level.
WHEN: Saturday, June 03
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 40$ per person including transport, guides, insurance, wine tasting and lunch.
25$ without lunch
Kindly get the exact change.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 5$.
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 4$.
- University students will have a discount of 3$ provided that they present their university card.
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 2$ discount.
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 3$ discount.
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price.
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 2$.
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms).
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event.
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail.
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide.
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so.
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member.
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events