23 Jul 2021
Night & Sunrise Hike - Kornet Sawda Night & Sunrise Hike - Becharreh District
We will hike to the highest peak in Lebanon and the region at night guided by moonlight and watch the sun rising from an altitude of 3,089 m!
The hike is a tough one but we have an easier option for those who would like to enjoy the ride. We will be divided into two levels:
Level 8 around 21 km long mostly uphill. We will start from Dahr el Adeeb and go upwards on a bare trail. We will continue until we reach the peak.
If you prefer an easier hike there is the possibility to take a lift in a pick-up to reduce a third of the path. Then you will meet with Level 8 and continue the journey. The pick-up will accompany us along the way in case of need. It will be a Level 5 hike.
We will reach the summit at sunrise time. Bring your breakfast with you as we will gather all together on the peak and enjoy it with a 360 view of the whole northern region of Lebanon.
WHERE: Kornet el Sawda
120 km from Beirut
3,089 m above sea level
WHEN: Friday, July 23
MEETING PLACE: 11:30 PM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
PRICE: 250.000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance, and pick-up. Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack. Get a light jacket since it gets cold during the last hours of the day and at night. Don’t forget to get a flashlight.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events