14 Mar 2021
Hiking Trip - Dhour Choueir - Maten District
Dhour Choueir is one of Mount Lebanon’s most beautiful villages. Its climate is a very convenient one due to the presence of vast pine forests within the surroundings of the village.
It is a town with many landmarks with some dating hundreds of years. Old caves, old mills, ancient bridges, natural water reservoirs, water springs, old souk with stone paved passages, beautiful houses with old traditional arches and much more can be seen in this beautiful village
In honor to Lebanon’s emigrants, Dhour El-Choueir holds a yearly carnival habitually during the month of August.
We will all start from the main square of Dhour Choueir. We will be one level, level 4.
It will be a moderate hike with some uphill. We will pass through a dirt road leading to Ghwab and Tallet Ameid. On our way we will see old caves.
Then we will continue to the souk where we will enjoy the narrow passages and contemplate the renowned old houses and ancient arches of Dhour Choueir, passing through an amazing trail where we will cross three water springs.
From there, we will go up on a long staircase to get to Ain Assis, where we will see the biggest Atlab or Strawberry tree that is the symbol of the village.
WHERE: Dhour Choueir
Metn – Mount Lebanon
1200 m altitude
30 km from Beirut
WHEN: Sunday, March 14
MEETING PLACE: 7:15 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 70’000 LL per person including guides and insurance.
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Remember to register as soon as possible to book your space. We can’t exceed a group of 15 to 20 persons maximum.
• Participants who wish to join our hike must commute to the allocated destination using their own vehicles.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events