11 Aug 2021
Hiking Trip - Bkassine Jezzine! - Jezzine District
Our journey will start in the beautiful village, renowned for enclosing the largest pine forest in Lebanon and the Middle East, Bkassine. It is an essential element of Jezzine district due to its abundant pine production supplying major parts of the country.
To prefect our trip, we will go all the way from the wonderful pine forest to the upper part of Jezzine, the jewel of the south.
Jezzine is one of most beautiful villages and districts. Surrounded by mountain peaks and pine forests, it is one of Lebanon’s best summer resorts and tourist destinations. Not only does it offer stunning natural beauty, but the area is also home to major religious sites and ancient ruins.
Our hike will be divided into two levels:
Level 4 – will take a trail leading to the same water tank but this time on a different and steeper track. Taking this track will be accompanied by amazing views all along the way overlooking the whole villages of Jezzine, the unique pine forest, and part of Chouf district. This view is not to be missed! We will then head to the upper side of Jezzine to witness the wonderful natural diversity of this town. Our path will lead us through very old oak trees in Rommaneh area where we will sit under the shades of these precious gems.
Level 6 – will start from Sabbah, a village located on a high hill and rich in historical ruins. We will take a steep uphill track passing through Bkassine’s pine forest. We will keep on mounting until reaching the water tank then take the same trail as Level 4 but on a faster pace to reach the village of Jezzine by foot.
Since we will be in the area, our trip cannot be complete without a quick tour in Jezzine. We will take a quick walk all together. We will start from the main water source of Jezzine and witness how water goes out from the deep tunnel inside the mountain.
We will probably visit the famous handcrafted cutlery workshop of Jezzine, if the owner is around and can operate. Then we will head to the souk to see how those cutleries are displayed and sold.
We will then head to the city’s piazza and see an old monument that has now become the municipality hall.
After that we will head to the picturesque scenery of the famous waterfall of Jezzine
At the end of the hike, we will stop for lunch at local people who will have prepared for us very special homemade food. You will be able to buy homemade product as well. The setting will be ideal for relaxation before heading back to Beirut.
This event is a melting pot of ecotourism, history and cultural excursions all in line for us to appreciate the richness of resources in of our beloved country Lebanon.
In the south
850 – 1150 m above sea level
75 km from Beirut
WHEN: Wednesday, August 11
MEETING PLACE: 7:00 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 250,000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch.
170,000 LL without lunch
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events