02 Dec 2023
Hiking Trip - Blawza Annoubine Hike - Becharreh and Ehden District
One can never have enough of Annoubine because it is such a beautiful region. This is why we keep returning to visit it. However, the trail we will be following this time is suitable for a large majority of people who would like to visit Annoubine. The trail has no steep uphill sections, and its downhill parts are gentle. Moreover, it is not a very long trail, spanning only 9 kilometers, yet it offers countless breathtaking views and landscapes.
We will have a Level 4 hike that's suitable for everyone. Our journey will commence in the village of Blawza, passing by St. Marina Monastery, where the chapel now houses the tombs of eighteen patriarchs who lived from the 15th to the 19th centuries. The chapel of St. Marina stands in memory of a girl named Marina who entered the Annoubine monastery disguised as a monk (the full story will be narrated during the hike).
After St. Marina's Monastery, we will proceed to Deir Saydet Annoubine, one of the oldest monasteries in Lebanon. This monastery was likely built in a rocky pit, possibly by Byzantine Emperor Theodosius the Great between 379 and 395. The walls of the church dedicated to the Virgin Mary are adorned with mural paintings dating back to the 16th and 17th centuries. The monastery was renovated in 1990 and is now used by the Antonine Sisters, who welcome pilgrims for overnight stays.
Following this, we will pass by old houses along the way before reaching the picturesque village of Freidis. During our walk through the village, we will have the opportunity to purchase local products such as eggs, Labneh, and cheese.
Lunch will be held in a lovely spot near the ruins of a very old house. On our return journey, we will make a rest stop before heading back to Beirut.
WHERE: Annoubine / Blawza
In the region of Bcharreh & Ehden
1200 m above sea level.
80 Km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, December 02
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 30$ per person including transport, guides and insurance.
Kindly get the exact change.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
Looking forward to see you!
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 4$.
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 3$.
- University students will have a discount of 2$ provided that they present their university card.
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 2$ discount.
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 3$ discount.
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 2$.
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events