19 Sep 2021
Hiking Trip - Bazhel - Nahr Ibrahim - Keserwan District
Bazhel – Nahr Ibrahim
We will hike this time on a new trail, from Zeaitre to Nahr Ibrahim, passing through Bazhel, in an event fully organized and coordinated by Vamos Todos.
This hike will consist of two levels of difficulty: Level 3 and Level 5, and in both cases it will be mostly a downhill hike through beautiful forests filled with oak and pine trees using an old trail to link the villages to each other.
The Level 5 hike will start in the village of Zeaitre, where we will walk around and see its main attractions, and then will continue through a beautiful trail, reaching the Roman Stairs and the oldest church of the village, which is renowned for its instances of performing miracles with certain locals. Afterwards, we will continue through forests to reach the village of Bazhel.
The Level 3 hike will visit Zeaitre main church, before going through forests to reach the village of Bazhel.
Whilst in Bazhel, we will walk around and visit its old churches and the village's spring of water, arriving near Saydet el Najat Church and seeing many timeless and traditional Lebanese houses along the way. One highlight of Bazhel is the breathtaking view that can be seen from its cliff, overlooking Nahr Ibrahim and offering a birds-eye view of the valley below.
Following the break in Bazhel, we will continue onwards to Nahr Ibrahim, where we will have our lunch break together at a local restaurant. Finally, after lunch, we will take the bus back to Beirut.
WHERE: Zeaitre – Bazhel – Nahr Ibrahim
42 km from Beirut
750m above sea level at Zeaitre – 300m above sea level at Nahr Ibrahim
WHEN: Sunday, September 19
MEETING PLACE: 7:00 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 360,000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch.
240,000 LL without lunch
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events