14 Jul 2019
Hiking Trip - Maaser El Chouf - Chouf District
The largest of Lebanon nature reserves, Al-Chouf Cedar Nature Reserve stretches from Dahr Al-Baidar in the north to Niha Mountain in the south.
The reserve's most famous attractions are its four magnificent cedar forests of Maasser Al-Shouf , Barouk, Ain Zhalta – Bmohary & Niha . These Cedar forests account for a quarter of the remaining cedar forest in Lebanon.
Our hike this Sunday will be in the forest of Maaser el Chouf and Al Barouk. It will be divided into three levels.
Level 2 – will start in Barouk cedar forest walking among beautiful trees until we reach Maaser al Chouf forest. From there, we will take the bus and go straight to the village of Maaser al Chouf and do a tour inside the old streets and the main piazza of the village.
Level 4 - will start with the easy level but continue to the village on foot on an amazing 8km trail. There will be uphill and downhill stretches, but we will have enough time to rest and take photos; wonderful photos, that’s for sure!
Level 6 - will go up to the top of Al Barouk Mountain on an uphill track where splendid 360º scenery can be seen overlooking the whole west Bekaa area, Qaraoun lake and the whole casa of Chouf. We will then continue downhill to meet the other group in the village of Maaser el Chouf The hike will be around 14 km track.
Once we all reach the lunch destination, we will enjoy a well-deserved homemade lunch with traditional delicacies prepared by the women association of the village.
WHERE: Maaser el Chouf / Barouk Cedar Reserve
1500m to 2000m above sea level
45 km from Beirut
WHEN: Sunday, July 14
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 60,000 LL without lunch
90,000 LL with lunch
per person including transport, guides and insurance.
(Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events