11 Jul 2020
Hiking Trip - Sannine ! - Metn District
“Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.”
Mount Sannine is the third highest peak in Lebanon reaching 2,628m above sea level at its highest point. It is located in the exact center of Lebanon overlooking the whole country from all its side.
Sannine is the source of many water springs and has an extreme base of limestone.
We will start our day in Al Chakhroub area to visit Mikhael Naime’s mausoleum, the famous Lebanese writer and poet from Baskinta.
We will then head to Mount Sannine to start our hike which will be divided into two levels:
Level 4 - will start from the source and take a moderate trail along the cliff. The trail includes some uphill in the beginning leading us to a panoramic spot overlooking a wonderful view of El Metn area and some villages of Kfaderbian. We will then continue to meet to the plateau located between the mountains where hundreds of shepherds bring their sheep. From this area you can see 360 view of Lebanon. El Metn area, Zaarour, Jabal el Kneisse, Jabal el Cheikh, Zahle and Jabal el Mzaar. All can be seen from this area!
We will then head to the main water source to refresh with its fresh cold water and then have lunch in a local hotel to have some sandwiches and salads before heading back to Beirut.
Level 7 - will hike along a steep uphill trail to reach the peak of Mount Sannine where the French room is located. Once we reach the summit, we will take a trail on the cliff to reach Kfardebian. The trail is a beautiful one, overlooking all of the Kfardebian - Faraya area. We will pass below the Mzaar summit, and beside the local shepherds of the area.
We advise you to keep with you some food and a jacket as the temperature might drop down very quickly.
2628 m above sea level
55 km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, July 11
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 60,000 LL per person, including transport guides & insurance.
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Remember to register as soon as possible to book your space. We can’t exceed a group of 15 to 20 persons maximum.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events