17 Mar 2019
Hiking Trip - Baalbek - Baalbek district
We might have all visited Baalbek for a typical historical visit to one of the most important cities in Lebanon and the world! It is now time to visit it in a more cultural, eco touristic way where we will get to experience “the city of the sun” like no one has done it before!
Most old roman trails that we walk in Lebanon, were trails that lead to routes to Baalbek in the olden ages. In the roman days, people used to go on pilgrimage every once in a while from all over Lebanon. Nowadays, this city still has never lost its sense of history and its importance.
Mostly known for its relatively well preserved temples, it has the Temple of Jupiter, which is one of the most well-known temples, The Round Temple also known as the Temple of Venus, and the Little Temple also known as the Temple of Bacchus.
Our hike will be divided into two levels:
Level 4 (8 Km) will walk along a beautiful trail around the village to reach the temples and ruins of the old city, where we will meet the harder level. This will be an easier hike with not much uphill.
Level 6 (12 Km) will hike a trail in the outskirts of Baalbek, mainly consisting of uphill and downhill to reach the temples and old city and meet up with the Level 3.
After visiting the temples and the ruins of Baalbek, we will head down to a traditional Lebanese restaurant in the area. There we will enjoy a much needed break in the shade, and have a delicious traditional Lebanese lunch. We will get to meet Mr. Ihab Raad, who is a friend of Vamos Todos, and the owner of this beautiful venue.
1100 m above sea level
40 km from Beirut
WHEN: Sunday, March 17
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 95,000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events