24 Jun 2022
Special W/E - Mamlaket Lezzeb Overnight - Barka Rabia
Thousands of years old Juniper trees, mesmerizing landscapes and relaxing atmosphere, this in brief will be our overnight in Barka in Eastern Bekaa.
Barka has become known for enclosing “Mamlaket el Lezzeb” or “The Kingdom of Juniper” reserve, a vast area full of thousands years old juniper trees which are as important as cedar trees
The reserve lies on 1850m of altitude and offers charming views. From there you can see the top three highest peaks in Lebanon: Kornet al Sawda, Jabal el Cheikh and Sannine
We will stay in a very neat and well equipped chalets, each comprising two beds, a private washroom and hot water.
Each room has a breathtaking view that will allow you to enjoy beautiful moments. This amazing venture is suitable for any couple or group wishing to spend quality time.
Our overnight program will be as follow:
On our way to Barka, we will have two stops, one in Baalbeck and one in Saydet Beshwat.
Once we reach Barka we will check in and settle down in our designated chalets. We will then make a small nigh walk in the surroundings while enjoying the calm atmosphere before returning back.
We will then gather all for an organic homemade dinner and share the best moments together.
We will wake up very early for an amazing sunrise hike which will take your breath away. We will start our hike before sunrise inside the kingdom of juniper reaching a wonderful spot where we can witness the sun climbing behind the western Lebanese mountain chain.
Once the sun is up our group will be divided into 2 levels:
LEVEL 4 will have a moderate 8 KM trail, with some uphill and downhill.
LEVEL 6 will walk for 14 KM, following a harder and steeper track.
All levels will gather for a healthy homemade breakfast.
After breakfast, we will go on another hike and enjoy the beautiful heritage of this reserve. Each hike will offer wonderful views seen from different angles.
We will do this time the following 2 levels:
LEVEL 2 will return to the chalets on a different trail while enjoying the shades of old juniper trees on a 4 KM flat trail
LEVEL 4 will have a longer 8 KM trail, with some uphill and downhill.
We assure you that you will spend unforgettable moments with Vamos Todos.
WHERE: Barka, Rabeea
1850 meters above sea level.
WHEN: Friday, June 24 & Saturday, June 25. Last day for reservation is Tuesday, June 21.
MEETING PLACE: 1:30 PM on Friday in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
- 90$ per person including transport, guides, insurance, accommodation & three meals
(Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process)
WHAT TO GET: Usual overnight stuff, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 45’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 30’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 30’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation within 3 days’ notice or less will be charged half-price
- Reservations within 3 days’ notice or less will be charge and extra 10$
(eg. Cancelling or booking for a weekend’s event on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday will be subject to the above terms
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events