25 Jan 2020
Hiking Trip - Ras El Metn Ksaibe St. Veronica - Baabda District
Ras El Metn is a Lebanese village in the caza of Baabda, it has a beautiful location, overlooking the valleys and the sea together because it is located on a hill crowned with a pine forest that aided magnificence and beauty.
Ras El Metn is the birthplace of one of Lebanon’s most famous modern personalities. The writer Anis Freiha. He said: “There is in Lebanon, a sacred mountain, that the top may be the most beautiful peaks of God on earth, which is my village Ras El Metn”. Freiha compared his village to “a peninsula surrounded by two deep valleys on three sides, it is by the geographic composition isolated from the outside world”.
Ras El Metn was classified by the Ministry of Tourism as a “Summer Tourism Town”.
The hike will start in Ras El Metn where we will visit the Government house, built by the Lamaeyeen princes in 1775. Although damaged in Lebanon’s recent war, we can still appreciate the serial’s elegant courtyard and bell tower and some attractive houses built with Lebanese architectural heritage.
The hike will continue from the smell of pine trees to the smell of Carob molasses in Ksaibe village that earned to be “capital of molasses carob” in the southern Mount Lebanon. The villagers are still tracking molasses traditional industry which place them number one in Lebanon, in terms of quality. We will visit a carob mill to discover this production where you can buy local fresh syrup.
In Ksaibe we will pass by the Sanctuary of St Veronica Giuliani that was inaugurated in July 2016. This saint is performing many miracles and making herself known in Lebanon. This is the first time ever in 300 years that she has been venerated outside of Italy Since her death.
We will be divided 3 levels. Level 3, about 9 km. Level 6, 13 km long.
WHERE: Ras El Metn / Ksaibe
Mount Lebanon / Baabda district
800 m above sea level
30 km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday January 25
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 55,000 LL per person including transport, guides and insurance. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events