23 Nov 2020
Hiking Trip - Hamatoura - Koura District
This hike in Kousba is diversified. You get to walk along the mountain cliff overlooking the whole region, and you get the chance to walk down the valley along the river bank. You will walk in bare areas as well as in dense forests.
Due to the topography of the ground, you are bound to ascend and descend some slopes, so the hike will be a Level 5 hike for the whole group.
You will start the hike from the electricity company in Kousba. There will be a long walk uphill, mostly a stony staircase, until you reach Deir Hamatoura. This abbey is the “Guardian of the City”. It is built in the rocks overlooking great views.
From there, you will continue along the cliff. The track is not hard, but you will need to be careful. You will get the feeling of being on top of the world!
This track will lead you to the river bank, where you can have a nice stop by the water. On your way, you will see many abandoned old houses that reveal traces of previous civilizations. Lunch will be in the vicinity of one of these houses.
At the end of the hike, the view of the sea will open up to you. Diversified….? Yes! You will encounter mostly everything in this hike!
In the north
750 meters above sea level.
70 km from Beirut
WHEN: Monday, November 23
MEETING PLACE: 7:15 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 70’000 LL per person including transport, guides and insurance.
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events