16 Feb 2020
Hiking Trip - Fatqa - Ghedres - Keserwan District
As we have promised you, we are always bringing new trails to your enjoyment in every corner of Lebanon. This time, we have chosen Ftouh Keserwan, specifically Fatqa & Ghedres villages.
We have chosen this area in specific for its beautiful traditions which still, until nowadays, dominates the ambiance of the region. Ftouh Keserwan was too much affected by WWII but stood on its feet again to become one of the most beautiful regions in Lebanon.
Our hike will be one moderate level (10 km) We will start our day in Fatqa by visiting “Em el Nour” Hospital, dedicated for the rehabilitation of drug addicts. We will then head to a cross overlooking the whole area of Keserwan with a breathtaking view.
We will start heading then towards Ghedres to visit “Kahloun Village “an ecotourism project standing in the area. After visiting the premises, we will head to Our Lady Church and Mar Sassine church in Ghedres where our hike will end.
WHERE: Fatqa – Ghedres
28 km from Beirut,
550 m above sea level
WHEN: Sunday, February 16
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 55’000 LL per person including transport, guides and insurance. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events