26 Sep 2021
Sunset Hike - Marj Baskinta Sunset Hike - Metn District
Our sunset hike will be this time in Marj Baskinta.
Baskinta is derived by the ancient Syriac language meaning ‘the house of wisdom’. Being surrounded by Sannine from the East, Bakich and Marj from the north, Zaarour from the south, and it is open to a valley to the west made it a geographical fortress.
Baskinta is the birthplace of the famous Lebanese author and poet Mikhael Neaime.
The village contains a huge pine forest, known as Marj Baskinta. Where our hike will take place among dense trees that reach the sky
Our hike will be one level, Level 3:
We will start by a short uphill track to reach a flat trail where you can see Kfarakab before reaching Marj. Once we reach the village, we will hike in the shade of a beautiful variety of trees where views are spectacular. The length of the trail is about 6 km.
The path is open to the sunset view and spectacular views all along.
Let us enjoy nature and get away from all the tension around us.
Make the best of the calmness of the afternoon. Relax and enjoy the views around you.
The hike will end around a cozy get-together for tasty manakishs, corns, potatoes and hot tea.
1200m above sea level
40 km from Beirut
WHEN: Sunday, September 26
MEETING PLACE: 3 PM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
PRICE: 320’000 LL per person including transport, dinner, guides and insurance. (Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs).
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel a light snack that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits and water. You must wear hiking shoes or comfortable walking shoes. Get a light jacket since it gets cold during the last hours of the day and at night. Don’t forget to get a flashlight.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events