30 May 2020
Hiking Trip - Jurd Kfardebian - Keserwan District
Kfardebian is the town of all seasons and the capital of mountain tourism in Lebanon. Comfortably situated in the heights of Keserwan, Kfardebian derives its name from the Semitic language, and it may be originated in the Syriac language, meaning “The Town of Deers”. Rising between 900 to well above 2000 meters, and spanning over an area of roughly 40 Square Kilometers, it is one of the largest towns in Lebanon.
This trail will be a beautiful and remote one. We will walk alongside the routes that the skiers take by ski lifts in the winter. Those who make it to the summit of Mzaar, will be rewarded with a spectacular panorama of the area, very similar to that of Sannine’s summit, but clearer due to less fog engulfing the area.
Jabal Al Mzaar (Mountain of the Sanctuary) is the highest mountain in Ouyoun Al Simane. It was given that name after a small roman temple built on top. It is said that the Romans used fire signals to communicate with Baalbek from Faqra and Mzaar. The temple was destroyed during the civil war, and a small shrine was built on top of it in 2004 that stands there today.
We will have two levels, on different trails during this hike:
LEVEL 6+ this trail will be a tough one, starting from Mzaar Square, and taking a steep uphill path from there, all the way to the Mzaar Summit. There we will enjoy the views of the coastline, and visit the sanctuary on top of the mountain. This will be a long and hard hike, almost 13 Km in length with an elevation gain of more than 600 meters.
LEVEL 3: 8 km, will hike in the jurd beside lakes, ponds, and stretches of snow then will go to Nabaa Al Laban, and take a beautiful trail to Faqra natural bridge or "Jisir Al Hajar". This bridge is a landmark of Fakra, with an arch measuring almost 40 meters. After the visit to this wonderful miracle of natural architecture, we will continue to the ruins of the Faqra area. The temples of Qalaat Faqra are the most extensive Roman ruins of all Mount Lebanon.
After the hike we will be back my cars to Beirut.
WHERE: Mzaar Kfardebian - Mount Lebanon
1800 m above sea level
38 km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday May 30
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 60 000 LL per person, including transport, guides & insurance.
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Remember to register as soon as possible to book your space. We can’t exceed a group of 15 to 20 persons maximum.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events