18 Oct 2020
Hiking Trip - Bentael Reserve - Jbeil District
Bentael means the daughter of God in the old Syriac language. Bentael is the first protected area, which was developed by a non-government organization in 1981. The land in Bentael is a public land reserved for the protection of plants and animals typical of the habitat at 300m up to 850m elevation.
This hike is a combination of culture, art, and hiking. In addition to walking through a beautiful forest and discovering Bentael Natural Reserve where trees meet the sky, you will have the opportunity to get to know a great Lebanese artist, whose talent is beyond compare. We will visit his museum and studio during our hike.
We are proud to have such ideal Lebanese citizens who lift up the name of our country:
The hike will be divided into two levels.
LEVEL 5 consists of many upward and downward slopes. You will start from a village called Kfarmasoun. You will walk along nice trails until you reach Meshehlen, another beautiful village with two very old historical churches, Mar Edna and Mar Semaan.
From there you will head to the entrance of Bentael Reserve.
Once you enter the reserve, you will see old hermitages carved in the rocks, dating more than 1500 years old. Then you will walk along the trails where views are spectacular. The area is full of trees and wonderful views.
The hike will end in Kfarmasoun.
LEVEL 3 will start with level 5, but after visiting the old churches of Mar Edna and Mar Semaan, you will take an easier track until you reach the bird watching tower of the reserve. It is a very scenic spot, overlooking breathtaking views. After a short rest there,
you will continue to meet level 5. Then the two groups will continue together and hike in the reserve of Bentael, where you will see old hermitages, dense pine forests and great views.
On the way back, we will stop in Edde to visit an old historical church, Mar Geryes, with Roman ruins around it.
WHERE: Kfarmasoun - Bentael
In Jbeil district
700 m above sea level
40 km from Beirut
WHEN: Sunday, October 18
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
PRICE: 70’000 LL per person including transport, guides, entrance to the reserve and insurance.
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events