25 Sep 2021
Hiking Trip - Wazzani - Marjayoun District
Hiking El Wazzani!
Join Vamos Todos to venture into the extreme south…at the borders. It is perfectly safe, a land full of life, rich in plantations, restaurants and resorts.
You will see (what once we thought unfeasible) the Golan Heights, Ghajar, Bawwabet Fatme and Al Wazzani.
You will also see some stone protection blocks built during the Turkish era.
Ghajar is an Alawite village on the Hasbani River on the border between Lebanon and the Israeli-occupied area of the Golan Heights. It has a population of 2,000. In an attempt to distinguish permanent borders between the occupied land and Lebanon, the United Nations drew up what became known as the Blue Line. Due to Ghajar's location, stuck between Lebanon and the Israeli-controlled Golan Heights, the northern half of the village came under Lebanese control and the southern part remained under Israeli control. This arrangement created much resentment among the residents, who see themselves as Syrian.
Golan Heights is a strategic plateau and mountainous region at the southern end of the Anti-Lebanon Mountains and remains a highly contested land on both sides of the borders of Syria and the occupied land. Two-thirds of the area is currently occupied by Israel. The Golan Heights has been under Israeli control since 1967.
Bawwabet Fatme is the border line gate between Lebanon and the occupied land.
Al Wazzani is a small village in the Hasbaya District of the Nabatieh Governorate, just north of the Palestine-Lebanon border, on the banks of the Hasbani River. The village is located about 1km from the Wazzani Spring, a major source of the Hasbani River.
Wazzani is rich in plantation fields. You will walk through them and watch the locals cultivate their land.
The hike will be divided into two levels:
LEVEL 2 and LEVEL 5 will start together and walk along the ridge of the mountain overlooking the Khiam plain. You will see the village of Ghajar and the neighboring Palestine. It is a moderate hike with no major ascents. LEVEL 2 will take the bus halfway along the trail to go to Hosn Wazzani Resort and wait for others to have lunch altogether. LEVEL 5 will continue on foot, passing through farmlands. You might see farmers harvesting their crops. It is a new sight to the eye since they differ in culture, dress code and dialect. The hike will lead you to the view point where the Golan Heights and the village of Ghajar appear only a few steps away!
Lunch will be at Hosn Wazzani Resort by the river. It is a new resort, built according to high standards, rustic style and very unique one.
As for Bawwabet Fatme, you will go by bus to visit it.
This hike must not be missed. It will imprint unforgettable memories of a once in a lifetime experience.
WHERE: El Wazzani
In the South
106 km from Beirut
425 meters above sea level.
WHEN: Saturday, September 25
MEETING PLACE: 7:00 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 360,000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch.
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
NB. Foreigners and people not carrying a Lebanese ID need to register at least 10 days in advance for the event, and provide us with a copy of their passport. Lebanese people should carry their Lebanese ID.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events