02 Oct 2021
Hiking Trip - Ehmej to Arz Jaj - Jbeil District
Some of the oldest cedar trees are there. They are the remnants of the large forest of cedar trees that once covered the mountains.
Several thousand years ago, when much of Mount Lebanon was covered by cedar trees, the groves of Jaj were one of the first forests to be chopped down. The profitable cedar wood was exported to Egypt and later to Jerusalem.
Splendid survivors of this forest are still scattered on the peaks above the town of Jaj. They are easy to spot. Rounded in shape and very dark green in color, the trees are not readily confused with the much smaller pines at lower elevations.
Trails exist up to these cedars, which grow out of what looks like bare rock, in groups of two or three.
Our hike will be divided into two levels: LEVEL 3 and LEVEL 6.
Both levels will start from Ehmej. You will walk altogether to a village called Saqi Rechmaya. It will be an easy track. From there you will be divided into two groups.
LEVEL 6 will continue uphill to Arz Jaj. It will be mostly uphill, passing through forests, seeing very old trees, and great views.
LEVEL 3 will take the bus to Arz Jaj. There you will walk among the trees in a beautiful setting ideal for picture taking.
The two levels will meet for lunch in Arz Jaj, among the huge majestic trees.
On our way back, we will visit the birthplace of Blessed Brother Estephan Nehme in Lehfed. Brother Estephan was beatified on June 27, 2010. We will visit the home where he was raised.
WHERE: Ehmej – Arz Jaj
60 km from Beirut
1450 m above sea level
WHEN: Saturday, October 02
MEETING PLACE: 7:00 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 260’000 LL per person including transport, reserve entrance, guides and insurance.
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events