25 Jul 2021
Hiking Trip - Menjez - Akkar District
We are heading this time to one of the most majestic villages of Akkar Caza, Menjez!
Menjez, which name goes back to the Aramaic language meaning the “Burried Treasure”, stands at the northern borders of Lebanon and Syria, and holds amazing landmarks most significantly 7000 year’s old tombs, 250 year old St. Daniel’s Church, very old houses built with black volcanic stones.
In addition to those, Menjez encloses a very old citadel named the “Temple of God”, or “Beit Jal’ouk”, a 100 BC temple occupied by the romans first and then it became a major attraction for many civilizations such as the Greeks and the crusaders. We will have a detailed visit inside this citadel before heading to “Nabe’ Jal’ouk” and Saydet Mou’een until reaching Menjez River.
We will start our hike all together. Our hike will be divided into two groups; moderate around 9 km and easy around 6 km. Both levels will get to see most of the village’s landmarks.
Both levels will meet at the main piazza of the village for a delicious homemade specialty food prepared by the housewives of the village. We will have the chance to buy some of the local products which will be exposed around the piazza.
After lunch, we will head to “Saydet el Kalaa”, where we will see a beautiful view overlooking northern Lebanon and a big part of Syria.
135km from Beirut,
800m above sea level
WHEN: Sunday, July 25
MEETING PLACE: 7:00 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 250,000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch.
170,000 LL without lunch
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events