27 May 2023
Hiking Trip - Yahchouch Waterfalls - Yahchouch
This time, our steps will take us to Yahchouch, a Lebanese village in Mount Lebanon, where adventure, culture, and nature meet!
Yahchouch holds its’ roots in the Syriac language and is derived from “Yeh Hoshusho”, meaning “the suffering god”, because the god Adonis was wounded in Nahr Ibrahim.
Yahchouch is part of the UNESCO Network of Biosphere Reserves, and has direct access to Jabal Moussa. The natural heritage of Yahchouch also includes waterfalls and pine forests, and an incomparable view of Nahr Ibrahim River.
We would like to thank the youth of Yahchouch for their amazing job preparing the region and rehabilitating the old hiking trails. A special thanks namely goes to Samir, and also to Roger who owns a part of the land who is setting the path for new exciting ecotourism projects in the region.
We will walk on rather challenging mountain trails, and our hike will be divided into a MODERATE level and a HARD level.
Stretching over 6 km, Yahchouch is one of the seven villages that surround Jabal Moussa Nature Reserve. At 930m above sea level, it hosts Saint Georges convent, built in the 14th century, and offering a wide view of the village. Further down, in Yahchouch Valley, stretches the reddish Nahr Ibrahim River, incomparable with its’ authentic beauty.
Our walk will start down to see waterfalls. There is a total of three in this town. The moderate level will see two of them, while the hard level will also go to the third one.
We will first head down to the Yahchouch river to see the two first waterfalls, then continue to an intersection between two rivers: the one that goes down from Nahr El Dahab and Yahchouch, and the main one that comes from Afqa. The two rivers meet in that location.
At the rivers’ intersection, the moderate level will continue toward the electricity company in Yahchouch, cross beautiful tunnels that are carved in rocks, see the electricity company dam, and end their walk in Ghochraya.
The hard level will go check the third waterfall, crossing a rehabilitated walkable trail that comprises some difficulties. They can take pictures at the third waterfall, then pursue their hike on the same path taken by the moderate level, to end their walk after the tunnels, by the electricity company.
After the hike, we will take the bus to Ras Yahchouch, and have a special lunch at the house of a local lady who cooks delicious homemade food, after which we will head back to Beirut.
930 m above sea level
47 km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, May 27
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 40$ per person including transport, guides, insurance, reserve entrance and lunch.
25$ without lunch
Kindly get the exact change.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 5$.
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 4$.
- University students will have a discount of 3$ provided that they present their university card.
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 2$ discount.
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 3$ discount.
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 2$
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events