08 May 2021
Hiking Trip - Ammiq Reserve - West Bekaa
Ammiq, one the most important places for migrating birds, is our next venture. Ammiq is the biggest swamp in Lebanon. It has a bird watching tower, where observation of migrating birds takes place.
Ammiq joins the Bekaa with the west mountain chain of Lebanon. It is known for its various types of trees.
The hike will be along the edge of mountains where many trees provide shade and shelter. It is one of the rare places in the Bekaa rich in a diversity of tree species.
The view for all levels is spectacular. From the hilltop, you will see the most beautiful part of the valley. The scenery will take your breath away. The swamp, the fields, and the mountains come together in one memorable picture! You don’t get this often! Get your cameras…a picture is worth a thousand words!
At the end of the hike, all levels will meet for lunch, where local villagers will prepare a healthy nutritious meal from natural produce. Lunch will be homemade in a modest setting, along with pickles, fruits, vegetables and tea.
The hike will be three levels: level 2, level 4 and level 6.
LEVEL 2 will have an easy walk in the beautiful nature of Ammiq, getting to see the swamp, the bird watching tower, and the Bekaa Valley. The trail is mostly flat and about 5 km long.
LEVEL 4 will start from the swamp of Ammiq. Then you will head toward a sanctuary before reaching a fresh water source. The path will continue to reach the hill overlooking Bekaa valley. We will then head to a pine forest and continue towards the old broken-down village of ancient Ammiq where the old church of Deir Tahnish stands next to an old farm. The whole path will be around 8 km, moderate, without many ascents or descents.
LEVEL 6 will start from the swamp of Ammiq, pass through three water sources, a 1300 year old tree called “shajaret el set”, nabeh saalouk, ain abed, ain el tain, and finally meet with levels 2 and 4 for lunch. The whole path will be around 16km. There will be minimal time for rest and photo sessions. The views are beautiful all along the path. Don’t miss any of them!
In the region of Bekaa
70 Km from Beirut
900 meters above sea level.
WHEN: Saturday, May 08
MEETING PLACE: 7:15 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 150,000 LL per person including transport, guides, reserve entrance, insurance and lunch.
90,000 LL without lunch (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
You can now register at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events