17 Aug 2019
Hiking Trip - Arz Karm Mohr & Aicha Fortress - Doniyeh District
Karm El Mohr is a small village situated in the caza of Donniyeh in North Lebanon.
The Town of Karm Al Mohr is home to the Aisha Fortress built on the heights of Al Fawwar spring. It is a huge rock carrying the ruins of what used to be an important palace or protection center, overseeing an old road linking the Donniyeh region to Baalbek across the mountains of Kornet el Sawda and Fam el Mizab.
Princess Aisha was the princess of Bchenneta during the 13th century. Aisha Fortress was her summer residence. The view from the fortress is worth every step you have endured to get there. It is windy and cold up there, so get a windbreaker with you.
A beautiful cedar forest, still unknown to many, is our second point of interest. The old majestic trees stand tall and strong, a witness to thousands of years! Grab your chance. This forest is really worth discovering. You will have sufficient time to hike through it and take pictures. It will be a great setting for a lunch break.
The hike will be divided into two levels:
LEVEL 4 is about 8 km long. You won’t be able to reach the fortress since the path is too steep and long. You will arrive to Nabeh el Fawwar, just beneath the fortress. The hike will be in beautiful surroundings with water springs and forests. The hike will start from “Swekeh”.
Both levels will meet along the way in Ain Neblayya and continue together to the beautiful cedar forest. There will be enough time to hike in the forest. The lunch break will be there too. After lunch, both levels will hike together until Swekeh.
LEVEL 7 is about 16 km long. It is uphill and tough. You have about 700m of difference in altitude. You will start from “Swekeh”, and take an uphill path until you reach the fortress. From up there, you will see wonderful views. It is windy and cold at the top. Get a windbreaker!
Afterwards, you will meet with level 4 at Ain Neblayya where you can fill your bottles with fresh water. From there you will go the beautiful forest and have lunch there.
WHERE: Karm el Mohr / Aisha Fortress
2400 m above sea level
110 km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, August 17
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 60’000 LL per person including transport, guides and insurance. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events