28 May 2023
Hiking Trip - Al Kfeir - Hasbaya District
Our trip this time will be to Kfeir, a small village nestled 900 m above sea level, in Hasbaya southern district. The village enjoys mild summers, and its high altitude allows fog to form above the hills even in summer, giving the town a mystical and spiritual scenery. It is also the village of several notable people, and namely Emilie Nasrallah, the Lebanese novelist who was raised in Kfeir.
Kfeir is also the first village from the Bekaa side, and you can reach it by taking the Bekaa road, through Rashaya. It is half an hour drive from the town of Rashaya.
Our hike will be of 13 kms, and will be divided into 2 parts:
The first part is easy and extends on 7 kms, while the second is more challenging and difficult.
The group will be divided to 2 levels: easy level (level 3), and hard level (level 6).
We will start our hike at the village entrance, at 900 m of altitude, and go down, among pine and olive trees, all the way to the Nabi Shuaib sanctuary, where the group will have lunch. Those who choose to do the easy level can stop there and go by bus to visit the village and have a look at Emilie Nasrallah’s house.
The hard level will continue walking on a challenging track until they reach the village. On their way, they will pass by the town river, located at 600 m of altitude, then continue uphill for almost 3 kms, on an agricultural cement path, after which we will all go back to Beirut.
WHERE: Al Kfeir - Hasbaya
In the south
900 meters above sea level.
100 km from Beirut
WHEN: Sunday, May 28
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 25$ per person including transport, guides and insurance.
Kindly get the exact change.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
Looking forward to see you!
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
NB. Foreigners and people not carrying a Lebanese ID need to register at least 7 days in advance for the event, and provide us with a copy of their passport and pay +5$. Lebanese people should carry their Lebanese ID.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 4$.
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 3$.
- University students will have a discount of 2$ provided that they present their university card.
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 2$ discount.
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 3$ discount.
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 2$.
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events