25 Jun 2022
Hiking Trip - Karm El Mohr - Daraya - Donniye
Karm El Mohr is a small village situated in the Kaza of Donniyeh in North Lebanon.
There is no apparent reason behind the name of this village. Most probably, its name goes back to marriage endowment (Mohr = endowment) and its vineyards (Karm= vineyard), which were considered the bride’s endowment, which resulted in its name Karm El Mohr. Another possibility goes to the fact that a guy from the Mohr family used to own most of the vineyards in the village.
Karm Al Mohr is known for its abundant springs of fresh water. You can fill up your water bottles several times during the hike.
Daraya is also a small and beautiful village in the north. Agriculture is the main activity of the town. Large numbers of its citizens migrated since the end of the 19th century to Australia, Venezuela, United States, England, France, Canada and other countries.
Part of our trail will be along the LMT. The path is diversified, parts being dense with forests, others bare with great views, and some rich in water springs.
You will see amazing oak trees, the best in the country. Huge, round and beautiful, they decorate the landscape. The whole group can rest under just one of them! Truly fantastic!
The hike will be one moderate level:
LEVEL 5 is about 11 km. The hike will be moderate; you will have many rest stops along the way. The hike will start from the village of Karm el Mohr. You will take a very nice trail in the woods, where the guide will give you some background information of how the previous generation used to live. There are some interesting stories to learn about! For example, you will pass by a rock on a high cliff, ‘sheer el arous’, where the bride-to-be used to bathe before the wedding. You will pass by some oak trees where remains of a Crusade church are still standing. Three water springs will enable you to refill your water supply along the trail.
At the end of our hike, we will eat a homemade lunch prepared by the local habitants in Karm El Mohr.
WHERE: Karm el Mohr - Daraya
1050 m above sea level
110 km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, June 25
MEETING PLACE: 7:00 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 700,000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch.
450,000 LL without lunch
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 20’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events