03 Oct 2021
Sunset Hike - Anfeh Sunset Hike - Koura District
Come and experience the pleasant moments of hiking at the coast, while watching the beautiful summer sunset.
This hike is a unique one, blending the beauty of nature and historical ruins.
We will start our hike from Horshieh, where a very cozy path among olive trees will lead us to a small church called Saidet el Khrayeb. We will then continue among the olive trees until we start seeing the sea. The track will then lead to Anfeh, an old village rich in ruins and caves.
There, you will visit a very old Byzantine church among other historical monuments. The Citadel of Anfeh will be an important stopover in our program.
The citadel is considered a Crusader remain, but it was an important place for many other civilizations. Many historical things like old graves, mosaic pieces, olive presses, and salt pans can be found in and around it. The citadel is characterized by its rock-cut trench (Al-Khandaq).
The hike will end in a natural cave, well equipped, and furnished in a very special way. There, we will eat some manakish and drink hot tea prepared by a local woman from the neighborhood.
Note: This hike will be one level, an easy one. It will mostly be on the tiny streets of Anfeh.
In the north, district of Al Koura
65 km from Beirut
WHEN: Sunday, October 03
MEETING PLACE: 2:30 PM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
PRICE: 320’000 LL per person including transport, guides, dinner and insurance.
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel a light snack that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits and water. You must wear hiking shoes or comfortable walking shoes. Get a light jacket since it gets cold during the last hours of the day and at night. Don’t forget to get a flashlight.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events