14 Dec 2019
Hiking Trip - Mhaydse Rachaya - Rachaya District
We are heading this time on a nice trail in the Bekaa valley, specifically to Mhaydse, a small yet beautiful village in Rachaya district.
Mhaydse is a very special historical village located between Al Rafid and Kawkaba. What’s really unique about this village is that it’s the only village in the region that was not destroyed by the French government during the occupation.
Our hike will be inside and around this village, accompanied by beautiful views and breathtaking natural settings along the way.
All levels will start together on a moderate uphill track surrounded by the beauty of the Bekaa valley. Once done with this ascent, the group will be divided into two levels:
LEVEL 4 (8 km) – will take the trail back to the center of the village and enjoy the beauty of this typical village. They will then visit a museum where plenty of old equipment and French occupation remainders are exposed.
LEVEL 6 (13 km) – will continue on a fairly harder track around the village passing by natural caves engraved in the exceptional rocky nature of this area. We will then reach an old oak forest and enjoy its shades.
All levels will then meet in the piazza of the village for lunch. We will also have the chance to buy local products that this region is famous for.
86 km from Beirut,
Around 850m above sea level
WHEN: Saturday, December 14
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 55,000 LL per person including transport, guides and insurance. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events