24 Sep 2023
Hiking Trip - Akoura - Jbeil District
This Sunday we are all going together to a beautiful village in the region of Jbeil.
Akoura is well known for its delicious juicy apples, its dry and cool weather and the remarkable hospitality of its villagers. Views up there are breathtaking. Akoura is a world of its own!
It has old historical churches and a road dated back to the Roman Empire.
The hike will be two levels: level 3 and level 6.
LEVEL 3 will start from the main piazza of Akoura. You will visit many ancient historical churches, Mar Saba, Mar Geryes, Mar Semaan, and the Roman road.
After that, you will see Saidet el Habs located up on the peak overlooking the best view ever! Then you will descend a staircase of 600 steps and walk through an apple orchard, then head to the forest of Mar Edna.
It will be time for lunch. You will have a great picnic, then go back to the piazza and take the bus.
The total length of the hike is around 10 to 11 km.
LEVEL 6 will start from Roueis, Mejdel Akoura. Then you will take a tough path, called Via Ferata. It is a steep uphill at the beginning, becoming a bit easier along the way. A visit to Saidet el Habs gives you the best view you can imagine, overlooking all of Akoura. You will meet level 3 for lunch in the forest of Mar Edna.
In the region of Jbeil
62 Km from Beirut
1450 meters above sea level.
WHEN: Sunday, September 24
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 25$ per person including transport, guides and insurance.
Kindly get the exact change.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
Looking forward to see you!
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 4$.
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 3$.
- University students will have a discount of 2$ provided that they present their university card.
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 2$ discount.
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 3$ discount.
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 2$.
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events