15 Dec 2019
Hiking Trip - Zeaitre - Keserwan District
We will be visiting a small but remarkably beautiful village. Zeaitre is a special village located in Ftouh Keserwan. The name is derived from “Berkit Zeaiter” which is Zeaiter pond that was located in the village. There is also another explanation behind the name which is the abundance of wild “Zaatar” that can be found in the surrounding nature of the village.
The fact that the village stands on 750m above sea level and is located at only 42km away from Beirut, makes it an all-year destination. It is also the hometown of Andre and Jean Saade, the famous Lebanese wrestlers.
The municipality has done a beautiful job there to maintain the eco-system of the village where they worked hard on creating a hiking trail and maintain the archeological sites of the village.
The hike will run along old oak trees that are between 300 and 900 years old, ancient churches, Roman ruins and old Ottoman trails that used to link villages.
This small village includes more than 13 km of trails. Indeed, you will be quite surprised to see so many Ecotourism sites and nature beauty in such a small village.
We will start our day by having a breakfast prepared by local people.
Then we will start our hike which will be divided into two levels:
We will start all together on an amazing trail, by checking an old cave. Then we will be hosted by VT founder, Mark Aoun, in his own house for fresh fruits and coffee break. In his place, you will get to see an old vaulted basement that is 150 years old & a restored typical old Lebanese house with traditional wooden ceiling.
Level 6 will comprise around 200m of uphill and downhill.
Level 3 will be an easier trail leading to the the Roman Stairs.
Once the hike is done, all levels will gather in a beautiful place to enjoy some homemade food prepared by Zeaitre’s housewives.
WHERE: Zeaitre / Ftouh Keserwan
42 km from Beirut
750m above sea level
WHEN: Sunday, December 15
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 75 000LBP per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- « Sports Experts » est le sponsor exclusif de Vamos Todos pour l’équipement et tout le matériel de sport. « Sports Experts » et toutes ses branches au Liban offrent un discount spécial à nos membres.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events