16 Jun 2019
Hiking Trip - Almat - Jbeil District
Our path will lead us today on a new trail in the caza of Jbeil, Almat.
Its name is derived by the Phoenician language meaning girl or young woman, which translates into the beauty that this village offers.
This event was prepared in coordination with the “Almat AFDC Unit” to whom we’d like to give the hats off for their contribution in the ecotourism sector and rising their village to become a major attraction by creating directed trails linking the major landmarks of the village.
Our hike will be one moderate level including ascents and descents, rewarded by breathtaking views. On our way we will encounter a huge variety of trees namely Turkish oak and iron oak.
During our walk and once we reach the top, an amazing view can be seen overlooking Laqlouq, Ehmej and even Beirut can be seen.
At the end of the hike, we will enjoy a well-deserved organic homemade lunch prepared by the locals. We will have the chance to buy some local products as well, specific to the area.
51 km from Beirut,
1300 m above sea level
WHEN: Sunday, June 16
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 90,000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch.
60,000 LL without lunch (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events