23 Nov 2019
Wine Tour - Wine Tour Bekaa - Bekaa Valley
Lebanon is among the oldest sites of wine production in the world. The Phoenicians were instrumental in spreading wine throughout the Mediterranean in ancient times. Despite the many conflicts of the region, Lebanon has an annual production of about 600,000 cases of wine. Recently the sector has been witnessing an unprecedented growth. The number of wineries went from 5 in 1998 to over 50 nowadays.
"The Bekaa-Valley" invites you to the heart of the most beautiful vine growing areas in the world. In our wine tour, we’ll visit Chateau Khoury, Mas Helios and Chateau Nakad
Our tour will start by a visit to Chateau Khoury. Chateau Khoury enjoys a privileged location on the eastern foothills of Mount Lebanon at an altitude ranging between 1200 and 1300 m. The first vinifications were in 2004. The estate is quite recent, however, the first results are particularly promising.
Mas Helios will be our next visit. Located at an altitude of 1100m., this vineyard is a family estate planted with 7 different varieties. At the appropriate maturity of each grape variety, the grapes are harvested by hand. Marwan El Mechelany, winemaker and winegrower, welcomes us there. He is passionate about wine and take the greatest care of his vineyard by watching them until the elaboration of the wine. After the explanation about wine making, we will of course taste their special wine.
The last stop will be in Nakad the story of Château Nakad is first and foremost that of a family, of three generations of winemakers from the Bekaa Valley, whose blood runs with passion for soil, wine and grapes. More importantly, it is built on the remains of wine cellars dating back to the Bronze Age. You will have a quick tour of the winery, then get introduced to the proper method of wine tasting, guided by Mr. Jalal Nakad, an expert in this domain.
After such a delightful experience in our prestigious wineries, it will be time for lunch. We will go to Hotel Massabki in Chtaura. With vast gardens and a nearby stream, this 4 Star hotel will be the best way to end our tour. There, Lunch will be served with soft drinks.
WHERE: Bekaa Valley
WHEN: Saturday, November 23
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 100’000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events