26 Mar 2023
Hike & Wine Tasting - Baadaran Hike & Wine Tasting - Chouf District
Baadaran Hike & Wine Tasting
On that day, the trail will take us to another town, in one of the best sites of ecotourism in Lebanon; the Shouf region.
We will be heading to El Khreibe, which is part of the transition zone of the Shouf Biosphere Reserve, the largest reserve in Lebanon.
First of all, we cannot but start by thanking the Shouf Reserve for its care and attention to the nearby villages, especially by exploring and establishing new trails, thanks to the local guides of the villages who we can never thank enough for the time, effort, and the local knowledge that they share.
Our hike will be one moderate to easy level, Level 4 (9 Km).
We will start all together and reach the Khreibe water source.
We will continue from the first source to reach an old castle that can be traced to the Jumblat family, one of the most prominent families of the region. This one of many typical old castles in the region, where stone chimneys are a trademark.
After that, we will continue to the Baadaran airport, an old inactive airport now. From the neighboring Balayet area, one can see one of the most breathtaking views of the Shouf region. A splendid panorama that spans in all 360 degrees.
From the airport, we will continue by bus to the guesthouse and great campsite, where we will all sit together and have a homemade delicious lunch prepared for us. We will taste there a special wine, made in a boutique winery, before heading back to Beirut.
1150 m above sea level
55 km from Beirut
WHEN: Sunday, March 26
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 35$ per person including transport, guides, insurance, entrance to the reserve and lunch.
20$ without lunch
Kindly get the exact change.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 5$.
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 4$.
- University students will have a discount of 3$ provided that they present their university card.
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 2$ discount.
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 3$ discount.
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price.
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 2$.
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms).
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events