13 Oct 2019
Hiking Trip - Zebkine - Tyre District
Our next visit, will be to the Tyr Governorate in South Lebanon, to discover the fascinating village of Zebkine.
Zebkine is not only a beautiful village; it is also known for its authenticity, attachment to rural traditions, and green sceneries. Indeed, Zebkine is renowned for its natural reserve, which mostly includes oak and arbutus trees, as well as many various types of plants, trees, and bushes.
The village is reputed for its nature loving people and municipality.
Through the years, Its people fought hard to preserve the natural reserve, and ban the construction of a highway that was going to pass through the village to destroy the reserve completely. Thanks to their efforts, the village residents and visitors can still enjoy the mesmerizing sceneries at the reserve and spend quality time by the river.
We will start our trip with a visit to the municipality of Zebkine, meet its president, have coffee with him, and thank him for all his efforts to safeguard the green woods and pastures of his area. After that, we will head to the sanctuary of Zayn Al Yakin, which was constructed more than a thousand years ago, then bombed during the 2006 war. However, a big part of it remained standing, and the village residents restored it to its previous condition. After we see the sanctuary, we will start walking on a new beautiful trail prepared by the Zebkine municipality, and leading to the heart of the valley.
The hike will be divided into two Levels, LEVEL 3 and LEVEL 6.
Both Levels will start walking together towards the valley until we reach the Dellefeh water spring. While LEVEL 3 will rest for a while, LEVEL 6 will walk to Al Ramieh village, and then to Jal El Dehab, all the way to Ayn El Tineh. There, they will see yet another water spring, known as Ayn el Tineh, before heading back, on the same trail, to the Dellefeh water spring.
After that, they will go together with LEVEL 3 to a beautiful location called Ezziyeh, to enjoy its lush scenery and water, sit in the shade, and have a Lebanese lunch made of Southern specialties, carefully prepared by locals for us. This way, we will not only encourage local people, but also enjoy clean, healthy, and tasty homemade platters, before going back to Beirut.
450 to 750m above sea Level
95 km from Beirut
WHEN: Sunday, October 13
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 90’000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
NB. Foreigners and people not carrying a Lebanese ID need to register at least 10 days in advance for the event, and provide us with a copy of their passport. Lebanese people should carry their Lebanese ID.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events