02 Dec 2022
Snowshoeing - Qornet Sawda SS - Becharreh District
This time, we will head to the highest peak in Lebanon and the Levant, Qornet el Sawda. It will be the perfect way to see the snow from an altitude of 3088 m above sea level.
Due to the steepness of the hills there, we will have one level: Level 8 (extreme hard).
This snow hike will be a long one of around 6.5 hours of moving time, reaching the peak and returning to the starting point.
In addition to gorgeous snowy landscapes, the views will be amazing all along the way as this mountain chain, Al Makmel, overlooks most of the northern regions of Lebanon as well as part of Mount Lebanon and even Beirut!
WHERE: Qornet el Sawda
120 km from Beirut
3,089 m above sea level
WHEN: Friday, December 02
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
) There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 40$ per person including transport, snowshoes, guides and insurance.
Kindly get the exact change.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
WHAT TO GET: Snowsuit (or any waterproof clothing), waterproof boots (preferably after-ski boots), or get thick nylon bags to cover your walking shoes, wool socks (and an extra pair for changing, hat and gloves, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 5$.
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 4$.
- University students will have a discount of 3$ provided that they present their university card.
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 2$ discount.
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 3$ discount.
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price.
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 2$.
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms).
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events