19 May 2019
Day on the Beach - Tyre Tour - Tyre District
We are heading to the beautiful white sandy coast of Tyre. It is one of the most beautiful shores in Lebanon making it a perfect destination for water turtles to lay eggs in winter season, the reason behind classifying part of the coast as a natural reserve in 1998.
It comprises a sandy beach; fresh water springs and agricultural land. Water from the springs creates a mixed fresh water/salt water environment and the area is an important nesting site for sea turtles.
Our day will start with a boat ride in sea where you will see a small island facing Tyre. You will have a clear view of all the ancient ruins and the city from the coastal line.
We will then do a small tour inside the beautiful old streets of Tyre and visit underground Roman ruins located directly under the Catholic Archdiocese of Tyre.
Then we will head to “Ras el Ain” water springs which of renovated roman water basins that irrigate the whole Tyre casa.
We will then come back to the beach and head to the reserve to learn more about nature life.
At the end of our educational tour, you will go to the sandy beach of Tyre to enjoy some relaxing moments in the sun, either swimming or watching the calm sea and the long white sandy beach.
We will have lunch at the beach; Lebanese mezza, and fish, served with soft drinks.
If we still have time, we will visit the village of Qana to see some very old encryptions.
83 km from Beirut
WHEN: Sunday, May 19
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 90’000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance, and lunch. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Towels, swimsuits, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 30’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events