13 Jul 2019
Hiking - Hasroun Annoubine - Bcharreh district
Once again we will head all together to the “Holy Valley”, but this time from Hasroun village, one of the most amazing villages standing on the shoulder of the valley.
Otherwise known as “The Mountain Rose” due to its iconic red roof tile houses, Hasroun encloses an endless count of old churches and houses that each tell the history of Qannoubine and the valley.
Our hike, prepared with the coordination of the village’s municipality, will start with a tour inside the village to see its major attractions before continuing on the trail leading ultimately to “Qadisha River”.
We will start by visiting St. Jacob’s monastery and then head to St. Michael’s church, and then start descending towards the valley.
On our way, we will pass through the memorial of Semaan Al Semaani, the founder of the Maronite school of Hasroun. We will also pass by an old miraculous church located in the wild and another historical church of St. Leba.
Once we reach the valley, we will be divided into two levels:
Level 4 – will continue to Mar Lichaa on an easy path mostly downhill inside the valley with minor uphill tracks.
Level 6 – will take the same path but on a faster pace and will continue upwards until we reach Hadchit village.
Although we will be seeing many churches and monasteries, this hike is not religious but is a historical and cultural visit to one of the most important, UNESCO classified, historical site in Lebanon.
102 km from Beirut
1600m above sea level
WHEN: Saturday, July 13
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 55’000 LL per person including transport, guides and insurance. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events