28 Mar 2020
Hiking - Chouwen Lake - Keserwan District
One of the most attractive wild natural settings in Lebanon, Chouwen Lake! It is part of Jabal Moussa Biosphere Reserve standing on the river bank of Ibrahim River. This reserve extends over a large area and offers exquisite views as well as the special flora and fauna that cover about 6,500 hectares.
Once we head to the gorgeous village of Chouwen you will have the choice to head to the lake on two different trails, a hard track and a moderate one.
Level 6 (Hard) - will start by going up a steep hill to “Ibri “village until reaching a beautiful view of the area. We will then proceed downwards from the other side to the Shuane Lake. The trail is composed of 10 km of steep uphill and downhill.
Level 3 (Moderate) – will head directly to the lake on an easier trail starting by a downhill until we reach first a wooden balcony in the middle of the wilds overlooking the river. We will then continue downwards until we reach the lake where we will have the time to enjoy the sounds of the river and the surrounding nature while waiting for the hard level group to arrive before heading back to the starting point. The trail is 4 km long but has some uphill and downhill.
On our way back, we will see the Phoenician and Roman ruins in Ghineh including the remains of a tomb, a Roman temple and cellars as well as Adonis and Astarte Rock. One may see a massive boulder on which there is a carved bas-relief which made Renan think of the legend of Adonis who was attacked by a great wild boar. These sites are a must see as they are closely related to the history of Ibrahim River. The latter includes many more Phoenician and Roman ruins.
WHERE: Mount Lebanon, Keserwan district.
650 m above sea level.
65 km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, March 28
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 60’000 LL per person including transport, guides, reserve and insurance. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events