13 Jan 2019
Hiking - Wadi Laymoun - Jezzine District
Azour Saidoun Wadi Laymoun
This Sunday, we will uncover a trail discovery by Vamos Todos. Brace yourselves for adventure in the arms of Mother Nature, and head with us to the South, to a region that connects the Caza of Jezzine to that of Zahrani Of course. The places we are going to visit are unmeasured by their beauty and the time you will spend there is really worth it.
We will start our walk in a region named Saidoun, and follow a trail that will lead us to the Shkadif monastery (Mar Takla). Then, we will traverse the Dahr el Deir town, before reaching the village of Wadi Laymoun, which is really beautiful and notable for the panoramic landscapes it offers of most of the South.
The hike will be divided to two levels: Level 4 and Level 6. All levels will start to walk together.
Level 4 will walk for about 7.5 km, on a trail that is not that easy, until reaching the village of Wadi Laymoun.
Level 6 will start from Azour, will continue the hike on a quite difficult downhill trail, until reaching a dry riverbed. The track is not very clear at the location, and though it is a bit adventurous, it is definitely feasible. After passing this area, the group will reach an ancient mill that is really beautiful, with a river flowing nearby.
The whole walk will be about 14 km.
We will stop in a nice area to have lunch. After finishing lunch and spending the day in the great outdoors, we will finally head back to Beirut.
WHERE: Azour to Wadi Laymoun
Jezzine Zahrani In the South
53km from Beirut
WHEN: Sunday, Jan 13
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 55'000 LL per person including transport, guides and insurance. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events